SAFELY ENHANCE YOUR FAT BURNING CAPACITIES
Your liver is very busy performing over 500 functions, many relate to metabolism. Here are just some of those functions that relate to weight control.
- Most fats are formed in your liver, and when sugar enters your liver, it decides whether to store it, burn it or turn it into fat.
- Your liver will “dispose” of estrogen after it has been used. If the liver does not metabolize estrogen properly, estrogen dominance can result creating PMS symptoms such as heavy periods, cycle related headaches and migraines, sore breasts, weight gain, and more.
- Carnitine is the only known nutrient which can “escort” fats into the mitochondria, where those fats can be “burned” to generate energy. One of the ways the liver helps you burn fat is by manufacturing the amino acid carnitine from lysine and methionine along with other nutrients such as vitamins B-3 and B-6, and most importantly Vitamin C.
- Insulin is a fat storing hormone so high levels of insulin promote the storage of fat especially in the abdominal area. If the liver does not break down and dispose of insulin after it has served its purpose, then this high level will lead to weight gain.
- A healthy liver will convert the thyroid hormone thyroxin (T4) into its more active form (T3). Inadequate conversion of T4 to T3 by the liver may lead to hypothyroidism, chronic fatigue, weight gain, poor memory, and a host of other problems.
Suggestion: Support your liver with Milk Thistle or do a liver cleanse with LIVER from New Roots (both products are available at our online store).
Refer back to past newsletters part one and two “Have You Cleaned Your Body Filter Lately”.
There are more details about liver health in our e-Manual “7 Steps to Safe and Effective Weight Loss” (available for immediate download through our online store).
- STIMULATE FAT BURNING WITH THE RIGHT BREAKFAST
a. To lose weight you must trigger your body to release glucagon early in the day. Glucagon is the hormone that tells your body to get fat out of storage. Glucagon is stimulated by eating protein.
Eating a carbohydrate laden breakfast, like toast and jam, cereal, bagel, muffin, doughnut, or FRUITS will trigger the release of insulin which is the hormone that stores fat.
- Many people think it is okay to skip breakfast because that means fewer fat and calories and one less meal for the day, right? Wrong. When you skip breakfast, hunger begins to kick in which actually slows down your metabolism even more. You didn’t stimulate your metabolism with food plus you didn’t stimulate glucagon that burns fat.
Suggestion: Try eating meat and veggies, or eggs (so many different ways to cook them), meat and veggie soup or if you are in a rush, try one of our SAFE protein shakes.
- LOSE THIS ONE FOOD FROM YOUR DIET AND LOSE WEIGHT WITH EASE
“I gave up wheat as you suggested and it changed my life. I lost lbs and have many great side effects.” Mary, Victoria, BC
How can this be? How can removing wheat from your diet help you lose weight?
a. Water retention, or edema, is particularly common among people who are sensitive to wheat and is an important contributing factor to weight gain. The removal of an offending food will often result in a rapid water loss of five to ten pounds within a week’s time, all without the use of a diuretic.
Michael Rosenbaum, M.D., who practices preventive medicine in Mill Valley, California, has observed this water retention phenomenon frequently among patients in his allergy clinic. He found that following the initial water loss, the person tends to lose fat more easily, even without dieting. Rosenbaum states: “food sensitivities can cause the body to retain both water and fat.”
b. According to Dr. William Davis, the compounds found in wheat are responsible for appetite stimulation, exaggerated rises in blood sugar, and the release of endorphin-li ke chemicals that get the brain hooked on breads, pastas, and crackers.
- Wheat also contains a unique carbohydrate called amylopectin-A, which sends blood sugar soaring higher than table sugar or a candy bar ever could.
Suggestion: To learn more, read the book Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis or get our weight loss e-Manual “7 Steps to Safe and Effective Weight Loss” (available for immediate download through our online store).
- STOP CARB CRAVINGS IN THEIR TRACKS WITH THIS SECRET (YET SAFE) WEAPON
L-Glutamine is an amino acid that can stop carbohydrate (sugar, alcohol, bread, etc) cravings within ten minutes (less if you open a capsule and place the contents under your tongue).
Suggestion: if you have tried cutting down on sweets and carbs and have had trouble overcoming the cravings, or if you suffer with low blood sugar and crashes send you straight to the “carbs”, try our l-glutamine capsules available at our online store.
- EVERY DAY NUTRIENTS WITH FAT BURNING CAPABILITIES
- If your body is lacking any specific nutrient it cannot distinguish between a deficiency and starvation because, to your body, if you are lacking nutrients you are starving. When your body goes into starvation mode it goes into conservation mode, which means it will essentially store food as fat instead of burning it for energy.To successfully and permanently lose weight, the cells of the body must be given enough nutrition so that they are totally satisfied and will freely release their stored fat.
- Your body needs lots of B vitamins to maintain a proper metabolism and most people are very much depleted. B vitamins are water soluble so you need to replenish them daily.
- Large concentrations of vitamin C are found in the adrenal glands which are responsible for producing your hormones, including progesterone and noradrenaline, which helps you burn fat.
The hormones secreted by your adrenal glands closely affect the utilization of carbohydrates and fats, the conversion of fats and proteins into energy, and the distribution of stored fat (especially around your waist).
You need vitamin C to make thyroxin, one of your thyroid hormones.
Because vitamin C is a ‘stress vitamin’ it is used up very easily with daily tensions and frustrations. The more stress you are under the more vitamin C you use up. Therefore you need to replenish your supply daily.
- Omega 3 reduces the output of another stress hormone called adrenaline, which ultimately results in less abdominal fat.
- Vitamin D helps in a more subtle way. Vitamin D helps to keep your serotonin up which is helpful because when your serotonin drops, you crave sweets to boost your energy and mood.
- Belly fat is also associated with eating a diet high in sugar. Refined carbohydrates spike your blood sugar, leading to higher insulin levels in your body. The increased insulin levels cause fat to be deposited more prevalently in and around your belly, rather than other areas of the body.
Nutrients such as MSM and Chromium help lower insulin which in turn helps reduce fat on your belly.
Suggestion: The Total Health Pack (Daily Essential Nutrients) that I designed and have manufactured exclusively for me includes all the nutrients necessary to facilitate weight loss. At one pack per day, they are a great foundation for ANY weight loss program. The Total Health Pack is available through our online store.
For more details about the packs and their benefits visit www.TotalHealthPack.com
For you action takers, go HERE NOW to download your copy of our e-Manual “7 Simple Steps to Safe and Effective Weight Loss” which also explains:
- There is one healthy food that you are eating every day that is slowing down your weight loss. If you want faster results, you must eliminate this food for 14 days.
- Learn one way to exercise that costs nothing but will reset your metabolic rate.
- Learn one fun and easy way to exercise in the comfort of your home. It takes 10 minutes a day and will return you to a more youthful calorie utilization and distribution of body fat.
- How to keep your liver in fat burning mode.
- How to utilize one free nutrient that keeps you from storing unwanted body fat.
- What is subclinical hypothyroidism and how do you correct it?
- How to determine the state of your adrenal glands. Are they currently capable of creating thermogenesis?
- There is one health issue that your doctor will never diagnose, but it could be counteracting all your best efforts to lose weight. If you want to lose weight, you must learn how to diagnose and treat yourself.
- Do you really need to be wheat-free for life? Find out how to complete the wheat-free challenge.
- Appetite suppressants cover up the underlying problem. There is no reason to be starving yourself either. Learn how to always feel full and satisfied and still lose weight.
- How to eat grains without eating wheat.
- Delicious recipes for meals and snacks.
- Food planning made easy.
- Detailed instructions on what to take and when to take it.
IT DOESN’T GET ANY EASIER
Megan and I have done the work for you. We have thoroughly researched weight loss products and programs. We have brought all our years of research, personal experience and coaching success together in one weight loss e-Manual. Our weight loss e-Manual not only helps women shed unwanted weight with the least amount of effort and cost, but also restores their vitality and energy.
For one on one coaching, please see the details for the Inner Circle HERE.
Yours in Total Health,
Brenda Eastwood, RNCP
Women’s Health Specialist